Sunday 8 June 2014

Skull Bracelet!

Hey! So recently I've been quite busy making new bracelets and there's one that I'm quite proud of as I have tried to make it before and completely failed. But anyway, it's a skull bracelet with a toggle clasp on a piece of leather cord. It sounds a bit weird but personally I think it looks quite nice. Oh, and ignore the bad quality photo but I have to wait awhile before I have anything good to take one with.
So, as you can see it's a simple design but quite attractive with the one skull and no other decoration. Its made from leather cord, toggle clasps, a purple skull charm and coil spring ends. I had to use flat nosed pliers to get the coil ends on the cord and on the clasps but that was it really. So here's how I made it:
  • Firstly I measured cord around my wrist to fit perfectly as the clasps do add some length on. You can just cut the cord with normal scissors as its not very thick.
  • Next I got my flat nosed pliers and put the end of the cord in the open end of the spring coils. I squeezed the end of the coil shut over the cord so it as tight enough for it not to come it even with a good pull. This was the part I struggled with when I originally tried to make it but if you start with squeezing the very end of the coil and work your way slightly up, that should make it easier.
  • I then put one part of my clasp through the hoop part of the coil. I opened it up with my flat nosed pliers and closed it after I slipped the hoop through the clasp through. I did this with great difficulty as I think I used the wrong type of pliers. I would say try to use the round nose ones but I'm not 100% sure if they would be easier or not.
  • At this point I just slipped the charm onto the cord and did the last two steps but with the other spring coil and remaining half of the toggle clasp, and there is your bracelet!
Just a quick note, I didn't put down any of the sizes of the toggles and coils as I don't actually know the sizes I used. I brought mine off a market stall awhile ago so I cant really remember unfortunately, but, if you have any problems or want to know the best places to get the equipment and cord etc. then feel free to comment and I'll get back to you asap. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment